Monday, April 9, 2007

Newt Gingrich and the Left - Maggie's Notebook

For several years Newt Gingrich has been my choice for President in 2008, but I changed my mind several months ago. While Gingrich is an exceptional thinker, creative and civil in thought and speech, and most certainly wants the best for America, he is deeply entrenched in Congressional friendships.

Thursday, Newt was interviewed by Paul W. Smith, sitting in for Rush Limbaugh. The news is next Tuesday’s debate on climate and environmental issues between Newt and John Kerry. When I first learned of this debate my reaction was, this is a very good thing. Newt has long been immersed in environmental issues and no one puts conflicting thought into succinct words better than Gingrich.

So, I'm listening to Gingrich and Smith, and liking the prospect of this debate, until...Newt emphasizes that the debate will not be a verbal “Wrestlemania,” points out his “long relationship” with Kerry, and then really rubs it in with “he’s a smart guy.” I am nauseous from hearing conservatives tout their civil accord with Democrats.

Smith pushes on and cuts to the chase, asking what all of conservative America wants to know:

"Honestly, you can take Kerry can't you?"
Newt's immediate, and defensive, response is,
"It's not a question of taking him."
You see, Newt wants to have "interesting dialog;" he wants to discuss "market oriented science," and that's all well and good – it’s a discussion this country needs to have, but the Left intends to bring America to its knees on this issue, fueled by the elite's quest for even more wealth, by manipulating the everyday habits of industrious Americans. They have no interest in entrepreneurial-endeavors that expose the folly of carbon credits and such.

Full Article...

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Maggie Thornton said...

I just found your trackback. Thanks for this. I appreciate it. I'll be back to look around.

Maggie
Maggie's Notebook